Thursday, August 12, 2021

Thursday, August 12, 2021

 It has been a long time since I posted here in my garden workbook.  Given this past year, and the fact that I am looking for things to do, I think I will resurrect this little blog to track my garden activities.  I have been working in the garden throughout this period although I have not logged or tracked any of the things I have done.  With Mor's passing in June, I am at a crossroads and in a way I am finding out who I am without him.  I have always been a gardener with Mor and now without Mor.  He enjoyed my gardening results and we often joked about his gardener which was me!  Anyway, as I look ahead I would like to spend a minimum of 10 hours a week in my yard.  I may go above that period but I really want to spend at least the 10 hours.  That would include watering and general clean up activities in addition to any projects I might work on.  I took that approach this morning as I belabored what I would do today.  I really just wanted to sit but I knew getting up and working on something would make me feel better and in fact, it did just that.  I started at 9:50 and worked until 11:00 so I got a little over 2 hours today.  I did the basics and mowed the front and back yards, edged, swept, and used the blower to do general cleanup.  I did a bit of weeding in the front - I had those pesky little weeds.  I also hosed down the front to try to maintain it as I had it done professionally last month.  Keeping the dust, cobwebs, and spiders off it a full time job almost but it does look good.  I really am considering painting it.  I also did major trimming to one of the dwarf wheeler plants and will continue to do that this month.  I overfilled a trash can which actually filled the green waste container by 3/4 which is a pretty good result.  No pictures today but I feel satisfied with the work that was done and may do more today - just not sure yet.  If I do, I'll update today's post.

Update:  I did an hour more in the garden with some more cleanup of the dwarf wheeler shrubs.  There is something very satisfying in working with those shrubs.  So I actually spent 3 hours in the garden today.

No comments:

Post a Comment