Saturday, June 23, 2018

Summer 2018 is here!

Summer is most definitely here.  The temperature today is supposed to rise to a hot, hot, hot 107 degrees!  That is hot.  This morning I made sure everything has plenty of water to withstand this super hot day.

Feeding Last night I fed the gardenias, azaleas, and hydrangea with a speciality fertilizer.  Today I fed the flowering plants with an organic flowering boost fertilizer.  I will feed again in two weeks.

Repotting:  Yesterday I separated the outside orchid and split it into three separate plants.  I repotted with fresh orchid bark and one of the plants I set out amongst the shrubs in a container to see how it will do.

Gifting:  I am also looking for pots to use as a gift pot for the jade plant I'm planning on giving to Gena.  I also have one small pot I've added three succulents  to as a gift for Barbara Bagley.  I will need to deliver that one soon.

Overall the yard remains satisfying and looks pretty good.  I'm still working on tidying up the dwarf wheeler shrubs which get big and keeping the birch trees looking good.


No comments:

Post a Comment